Regional attractions include:
- Nearest town: Shell, Wyoming (population 50), including Dirty Annie's Country Store (fishing licenses, souvenirs, etc.) along Hwy 14 and the Old Shell Lodge, a historic stone structure on Main Street.
- Other Wyoming towns of interest in the area: charming Cody, WY (Rodeo Capital of the World) and authenticly-Western Sheridan, WY.
- Scenic canyons: Shell Canyon, White Creek Canyon, Trapper Creek Canyon
- Falls & Cascades : Porcupine Falls; Shell Falls (Shell Falls Interpretive Site with overlook nearby on Hwy 14 E).
- Dinosaur track sites: some of the largest and most important dinosaur track sites in North America are in the area, such as Red Gulch Dinosaur Tracksite and Gypsum Spring Dinosaur Tracksite.
- Fishing: Numerous lakes, streams, and creeks for public-access fishing; partnering with fishing guides and outfitters that have access to private lands; and/or catch-and-release fishing on private land can be arranged.
- Abundant and diverse wildlife: check out all the wildlife on the State of Wyoming's Game and Fish webpage:
- Yellowstone National Park
- Buffalo Bill Historical Center (5-museum complex in Cody, WY; open 7 days a week, year-round is a must see)
- The Hideout at Flitner Ranch (cowboy adventures on a working cattle and horse ranch)
- Shell Lodge Event & Adventure Company (booking vacations and recreational excursions in the Big Horn area, a memorable wedding, or your best-ever family reunion or corporate event)
See, Big Horn Mountains, for sure.
As for Wyoming lodging ; Wyoming camping; mountain biking Wyoming ; Wyoming skiing ; or hunting in Wyoming such as Wyoming mule deer hunting , Wyoming antelope hunting , Wyoming elk hunting , Wyoming deer hunting , plus connecting with top Wyoming hunting outfitters for Wyoming trophy hunting ... Snowshoe Lodge is the best lodging in the Big Horns.